Struggle with opening 7Z Files on your device? After downloading, how to open 7Z File on iPhone? Keep reading our tutorial to know how to open 7Z File on iPhone.
You have probably seen some archives like ZIP, RAR, etc. They act as a package, allowing users to combine and compress multiple files and folders into a single file. And a 7Z file extension works similarly, especially for the popular 7-Zip compression format.
What Are 7Z File Extensions?
7Z is a type of file extension used for storing files and folders. As I stated, this file is generated by 7-Zip open-source software. In theory, it works the same as other archive formats, such as ZIP and RAR. However, 7Z uses a higher compression ratio than the others, it goes along with AES-256 encryption. Therefore, 7Z can contain multiple files and folders.
You can send and download 7Z files easily when connecting the Internet. The file extension helps users free up more space on the system with its high compression rate. Many people use 7Z these days instead of the RAR files. It is said that 7Z is the newest archive format, and it would be widely used.
The method to open 7Z File on iPhone is the same as open RAR or ZIP files. Let’s check it now.
How To Open 7Z File on iPhone
To open 7Z File on iPhone, you need the support of the third-party software. There are several archive extraction apps out there, such as iZip or Unzip.
How to open 7Z file on iPhone using iZip
- To open a 7Z file, make sure that you have to download the “iZip – Zip Unzip Unrar Tool” from the App Store. Choose “Document Browser” in the iZip and click the file extension or folder you want to open.
- Next, tap the chosen file extension to return to iZip. A question “Do you want to open it now?” appears and you click “Yes” to agree.
- The file will copy to the “Files” in the iZip. Then click “OK” to unzip the file extension.
- Now, you can open the file and view, save, or share the content in the 7Z file.
- Users can open 7Z File on iPhone directly if the device is running iOS 13 or later.
- Find the “Files” folder and open it on your device.
- Find the 7Z file. Tap the file for extracting the contents automatically. Alternatively, tap and still hold the 7Z file, then choose “Uncompress” from the menu. Finish! Now, you can open the file extension.
We hope that our sharing on how to open 7Z File on iPhone is helpful to you. Let us know in the comments if you have any problems when opening the file. Click to this link below if you want to update more useful stuff.